Jane has worked as a mediator since 2006 and is passionate about the positive change that mediation can deliver. She has delivered been the sole mediator in hundreds of mediations. Fully accredited across civil, workplace and family mediation, she is able to call upon a variety of mediation styles and practices to suit each mediation case.
“I love mediating. It’s not easy working with people who are in conflict but it’s really fulfilling to see how a managed mediation can help people refocus on the situation and resolve things themselves. Having completed hundreds of cases over the last decade, I know that each case is different but by drawing out these unique factors and understanding people’s motivations, mediation is a highly effective means of reaching a satisfactory outcome for all parties.”
Jane has a career background in Special Needs and in Further Education where she held positions as both a Lecturer and Manager, and more recently as a Director of a large south west based mediation practice between 2013- 2016. She delivers an analytical and reflective mediation style, establishing the drivers behind each situation in order to bring it a satisfactory close as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Jane is keen to take on mediations in the following areas:
- Family Disputes about children or finances
- Cohabitee Disputes- TOLATA cases
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Workplace Disputes
- Disputes in Educational settings- between parents and Educational practitioners, in schools colleges and Universities.
- Commercial disputes
- Small claims disputes
- Accredited Mediator- Regents University 2006; Civil Mediation Council Registered.
- Accredited Family Mediator, 2007; FMCA Family Mediation Council Registered. Qualified to offer legal aid; Qualified to Directly Consult with children; Qualified to offer supervision.
- Accredited Mediator, Workplace, 2015; Civil Mediation Council Registered
- M Ed (Psychology) 2005
- M A Education 1996
- Cert Ed ( Post 16 Education) 1989
- B A (Hons) History 1985
- Member of Professional Mediators Association
- Member of College of Mediators
- Member of Civil Mediation Council
- Member of British Psychological Society
“Jane and Albion delivered a fast and efficient service for us when we really needed it. She was able to talk to our employees who were not speaking to each other and get them to eventually come to a joint meeting. We don’t know how she managed it- it’s all confidential! - but we now have an effective team working again.”
Simon Foster, Managing Director Education Training Partnership.